West Feliciana Parish Detention Center
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8AM – 4PM
Wardens Office: 225-784-3148
Wardens Fax: 225-784-3150
Mailing Address: Post Office Box 2727; St. Francisville, LA 70775
Physical Address: 4834 Feliciana Street; St. Francisville, LA; 70775
West Feliciana Work Release is COMPLETELY SEPARATE from WFPSO. To send mail to a Work Release Offender, use the following address.
Mailing Address: Post Office Box 2786; St. Francisville, LA 70775
WFP Work Release Phone: 225-635-3807
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if a family member or friend has been arrested?
Wait until you hear from the offender that has been arrested. There is no need to rush over to the Detention Center. Once the offender is booked, they will be allowed to make a phone call.
How do I find out the charges someone was booked on?
You must call the Detention Center at 225-784-3158.
How do I find out when an offender will be in court?
For security purposes, we do not publicly release this information; however the offender may advise his family via phone.
How is bond set?
The Judges of the 20th Judicial District Court set all bonds. Some bonds are pre-set and the remainder are set by the Judge on a case by case basis. Factors in setting the amount of the bond can include, but are not limited to, the seriousness of the offense, the previous criminal records of the defendant, the weight of the evidence against the defendant and whether or not the defendant was currently out on bond for additional felony charges.
How do I bond someone out of jail?
In order for an arrestee to be released from the West Feliciana Parish Detention Center, bail must be posted. The West Feliciana Parish Sheriff’s Office accepts the following types of bonds:
- • Cash Bond: The total amount of the bond must be paid in either cash or with certified funds. Upon completion of the case in court and/or the release of the bond obligation, funds will be returned.
- • Commercial Surety Bond: A state approved bondsman, registered to do business in West Feliciana Parish, may post a Surety Bond (an insurance policy) to cover the total amount of the bond. The bondsman will guide you through the process. You may find a bondsman in the phone book or on the internet. On average, bondsmen charge 12% of the total bond amount.
- • Property Bond: Property bonds can be done at the WFPSO Admin Office in the Courthouse, Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm. In order to post a property bond, please go to the WFPSO Admin Office. Once the property has been identified, an assessed value will be pulled from the WF Assessor’s Office to verify the property’s value and a mortgage certificate will be pulled from the WF Clerk of Court to verify that there are no liens, judgements, or mortgages. The amount of equity in the property must be equal to greater than the bond amount. You may be required to provide proof of mortgage balances. All of the paper work will be completed in the office and you will be required to go to the Clerk of Court to pay for the bond filing fee. This fee ranges from approximately $160-$200, depending on the number of property owners. This fee is non-refundable. The property must be residential property owned by an individual or multiple named persons, in which all owners are required to sign. Mobile homes and commercial property may not be used. The arrestee may not also be the owner or one of the owners of the property. In the event that you are attempting to use property located in another parish, you will need to go to the Sheriff’s Office where the property is located and have them contact the WFPSO admin office at 225-635-3241. All property bonds are subject to approval by the Sheriff and/or the Judge.
- • All bonds require a $30 bond fee to be paid to the WFPSO at the time of the bond posting. This fee must be paid in cash at the Detention Center, or cash or credit card at the WFPSO Admin Office during regular business hours.
How do I initiate a phone call with an offender?
Unless it is a verifiable emergency, we do not answer calls for offenders. Offenders must be the ones to initiate phone calls.
How do I put money on an offender’s phone account?
The West Feliciana Parish Detention Center offers phone and video calling. Please visit www.citytelecoin.com to add money to an account for an offender or call 1-318-746-1144 for assistance. When setting up an account, please remember that the offender will only be able to call the person who registers with City Tele Coin. ***More than one person per offender can register with Citi Tele Coin. Once you have put money on their phone account, please call the WFP Detention Center 225-784-3158 and they will let the offender know.
How do I bring items to an offender?
Items and packages CANNOT be mailed, delivered, or brought directly to the Detention Center. You must go through the Commissary (see below).
When can I visit an offender?
ALL IN-PERSON VISITS ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19. You must be on the approved visitors list to visit an offender. Offenders must turn in a request form to add someone to their visiting list. Visitors with felony convictions are not allowed to visit. Visitors who are victims of the offender are not allowed to visit.
- • Visiting Times: Visiting for regular offenders takes place on Wednesdays for 1 hour between 9AM and 11AM or 1PM and 4PM. Visiting for trustees takes place on Saturdays for 2 hours between 9AM and 11AM or 1PM and 4PM.
- • What to Bring: Visitors can only bring their ID card into the Detention Center. NO: purses, bags, cell phones, electronic devices, food, weapons. (not an exhaustive list) All visitors are subject to be searched upon entry.
- • Dress Code: All visitors must be dressed appropriately. NO: halter tops, tank tops, see through clothing, low-cut articles of clothing, exposed torso, mini-skirts or mini-dresses, sundresses, camouflage, any form of seductive garments. (not an exhaustive list) Shorts and skirts must reach mid-thigh.
Visiting for regular offenders takes place on Wednesdays for 1 hour between 9AM and 11AM or 1PM and 4PM. Visiting for trustees takes place on Saturdays for 2 hours between 9AM and 11AM or 1PM and 4PM.
What to Bring:
Visitors can only bring their ID card into the Detention Center. NO: purses, bags, cell phones, electronic devices, food, weapons. (not an exhaustive list) All visitors are subject to be searched upon entry.
All visitors must be dressed appropriately. NO: halter tops, tank tops, see through clothing, low-cut articles of clothing, exposed torso, mini-skirts or mini-dresses, sundresses, camouflage, any form of seductive garments. (not an exhaustive list) Shorts and skirts must reach mid-thigh.
How do I send mail to an offender?
Only LETTERS may be mailed to offenders. Items and packages CANNOT be mailed, delivered, or brought directly to the Detention Center. You must go through the Commissary (see below). Letters should be addressed and mailed to as follows:
West Feliciana Parish Detention Center
Post Office Box 2727
St. Francisville, LA 70775
Please note: All letters are opened and inspected by Detention Center employees in order to search for “contraband” prior to being delivered to the offender. Letters containing perfume, stickers or stamps, water stains, or sexually explicit content will be returned to sender.
How do I put money on an offenders Commissary account?
You may order commissary items or add money to an offenders account online. You will need to know the offenders first and last name, and have your credit card information readily available.
Orders must be placed by Wednesday at 8AM and will be delivered on Thursday. If you have any problems with the website, call the Detention Center at 225-784-3158.
To go to the Commissary website, click here.
What programs are available for offenders at the Detention Center?
Programs currently available to offenders are: Parenting, Father and Son Relationships, Living in Balance, Cage Your Rage, Substance Abuse, Library Services, Access to Legal Books, G.E.D., and Religious Programs. Classes are held on a weekly basis.
The Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) is a federal law that prohibits and seeks to eliminate sexual assault, sexual misconduct, and sexual harassment in confinement. The West Feliciana Parish Detention Center has a zero tolerance policy and strives to provide a safe, humane, and appropriately secure environment, free from threat of sexual abuse for all staff and offenders. We maintain a program of prevention, detection, response, reporting, investigating, and tracking of all alleged and substantiated incidents of sexual abuse.
DISCLAIMER: The West Feliciana Parish Sheriff’s Office has provided this data as a public information service. Every reasonable effort has been made to assure the accuracy of this data. However, the data being provided herein is intended for informational purposes only. No guarantee is made as to the accuracy of the data and it should not be relied upon for any purpose other than general information.
The West Feliciana Parish Sheriff’s Office assumes no liability for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the information provided regardless of the cause of such or for any decision made, action taken, or action not taken by the user in reliance upon any data provided herein.